Stay in the loop
The Manitoba Forestry Association and its Legacy Sponsors Manitoba Hydro and the Government of Manitoba (as well as numerous partners and communities) are proud to host the 24th Annual Manitoba Envirothon!
Starting in 1997 with 4 teams and 20 students we have now had over 695 teams and over 3,400 students participate!
The following is a list of Regional Competitions currently being planned for April 2020!
April 14th, 2020 – Western Regional – Riverbank Discovery Centre, Brandon, MB
Regional Partner: Brandon Riverbank Inc.
April 15th, 2020 – Southern Regional – Pinkerton Lakes, Treherne, MB
Regional Partner: Pembina Valley Conservation District
April 16th, 2020 – Winnipeg Regional – Oak Hammock Marsh, Stonewall, MB
Regional Partner: Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre
April 24th, 2020 – Eastern Regional – Alfred Hole Goose Sanctuary and Visitor Centre, Rennie, MB
Regional Partner: Manitoba Parks and Protected Spaces Branch
April 28th-29th – Northern Regional – UCN, Thompson, MB
Regional Partner: Frontier School Division
A new multi-step Regional registration process is being introduced this year. The goal of this new process is to assist with the administration of these events.
Step #1 – Intent to Participate
- Please use the link above to register your team for a regional event.
- Due Date: March 13, 2020.
- Once a team registration is received, an invoice will be emailed to the email address identified on the registration form.
- Please note: Each Team will require their own advisor to accompany the team. Advisors may not oversee more than one team at any regional event.
Step #2 – Regional Team Registration Form
- Once your regional event location has been confirmed, and payment has been received, you will be forwarded a link to the Regional Team Registration Form.
- This form will require the advisor to provide team specific information for coordination purposes.
- As well, links to the Image Consent & Release and Waiver & Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Forms will be provided at this time.
- Due Date: March 27, 2019.
If you are interested in registering a team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 204.453.3182
Please note: All teams must compete at the Regional level in order to advance to the Provincial competition.
Regional and Provincial Competition Fees
Please be advised that Regional and Provincial Envirothon Registration fees will be increasing as indicated below. The Envirothon Steering Committee has managed to keep registration fees artificially low for the past number of years through use of the Canon 2006 Legacy Funds and with the significant financial support of the Manitoba Forestry Association. Due to continued funding challenges, the Manitoba Forestry Association’s ability to cover the rising costs of the program (such as meals , accommodations and insurance) has diminished. The new fee structure brings our registration income closer to recovering our actual hard costs.
Per Team Cost
2020 – $ 150.00
2020 – $ 1,200.00