Stay in the loop
Important Program Update
Please be advised that the Manitoba Envirothon, (both 2020 Regional and 2020 Provincial Competitions), will be cancelled in response to the evolving COVID-19 situation. As a result, the Manitoba Forestry Association will not be sending a team to represent the Province in the upcoming NCF-Envirothon competition which is scheduled be held in Nebraska this summer.
Please note, if you have registered a team to compete this spring, your registration fees will be refunded for this year’s regional competition.
During this one-year hiatus, your Envirothon Steering Committee will continue to refine and develop the program. Keep an eye on the Envirothon website and social media channels - there will be an exciting announcement regarding the 2021 Provincial Competition before the 2020 school year is out.
We thank you for your ongoing dedication to the program and we wish you and your families good health through these difficult times.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Manitoba Forestry Association Office at (204) 453-3182, (204) 471-7363 (cell) or by email at email@example.com.
Manitoba Envirothon Steering Committee
The Manitoba Forestry Association and its Legacy Sponsors Manitoba Hydro and the Government of Manitoba (as well as numerous partners and communities) are proud to host the 24th Annual Manitoba Envirothon!
Starting in 1997 with 4 teams and 20 students we have now had over 695 teams and over 3,400 students participate!
2020 Regional Competitions
The following is a list of Regional Competitions currently being planned for April 2020!
Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 – Western Regional
Location: Riverbank Discovery Centre, Brandon, MB
Regional Partner: Brandon Riverbank Inc.
Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 – Southern Regional
Location: Pinkerton Lakes, Treherne, MB
Regional Partner: Redboine Watershed District
Thursday, April 16th, 2020 – Winnipeg Regional
Location: Oak Hammock Marsh, Stonewall, MB
Regional Partner: Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre
Friday, April 24th, 2020 – Eastern Regional
Location: Alfred Hole Goose Sanctuary and Visitor Centre, Rennie, MB
Regional Partner: Manitoba Parks and Protected Spaces Branch
Tuesday - Wednesday, April 28th-29th – Northern Regional
Location: UCN, Thompson, MB
Regional Partner: Frontier School Division
2020 Regional Registration Process
All teams MUST register and participate at a Regional event in order to advance to the Provincial competition.
NEW! - Geographic regions will be used to assign schools in particular areas of the Province to one of the 5 Manitoba Envirothon Regional Competitions.
- Teams will be assigned to their Regional Competition in their geographical region until the maximum for that Regional Competition is reached.
- Teams from Frontier School Division or band-run schools can choose to participate in their geographical catchment area, or in the Northern Regional event in Thompson or The Pas.
- Any Team may be assigned to an alternate Regional Competition in the case where the maximum for their normal Regional Competition has been reached when their registration is received, based on the date that both registration form and fee are received.
- Any Team may request to be assigned to an alternate Regional if extenuating circumstances prevent them from attending the Regional in their geographic area. Requests must be made in advance to the Steering Committee and the Steering Committee reserves the right to approve or deny the request.
- Teams will normally compete for places at the Provincial Competition with the other Teams at the same Regional Competition, regardless of whether they are assigned to the competition in their geographical region or not.
Register Your Team
Please use the following steps to register your team(s) for a Regional Event.
If you are interested in registering a team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 204.453.3182.
Please be advised that Regional and Provincial Envirothon Registration fees will be increasing as indicated below. The Envirothon Steering Committee has managed to keep registration fees artificially low for the past number of years through use of the Canon 2006 Legacy Funds and with the significant financial support of the Manitoba Forestry Association. Due to continued funding challenges, the Manitoba Forestry Association’s ability to cover the rising costs of the program (such as meals , accommodations and insurance) has diminished. The new fee structure brings our registration income closer to recovering our actual hard costs.
Per Team Cost
2020 – $ 150.00
2020 – $ 1,200.00